Need MS DOS HP Printer Driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gbmktg

I have a 1996 computer. I have a HP Deskjet 712C that I woul;d like to use with it. I need the driver on a floppy disc. Any ideas?

The earliest drivers I can find are for NT4. Unless someone else can source them, I think you're out of luck. I'm curious, though: why on earth would you want to resurrect such an old machine?

gbmktg

I use the machine as my point of sale in my store. It still works fine. I hope I can find a driver so I can print reports, etc.

First Name
Morten
I'd think that the drivers for POS printing would already be in the POS software. Which platform does the POS run on? DOS?
If memory serves me right then I'd say that DOS didn't have a centralized printing/printer driver. Each application had their own printers) build in. Mostly printers were set to emulate one type of printer or another. I believe EPSON were one of the most popular.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are many DOS printer emulation softwares out there that'll allow you to print from a DOS program to a Windows printer. However, I've never used one so I can't recommend one.

gbmktg

Yes, the computer is MS DOS. I plugged the printer in and got nothing. I need a driver I'm sure, just don't
know where to find one.

First Name
Morten
Well, the printer options would be created in the DOS software. THere really is no way, as far as I know, to "create" a DOS driver. WHat do you have under printing/printers options in the POS system?

Truly, I think you're not going to get anywhere with this. If the PoS system won't print directly to this printer, I'm guessing there's no way to amend it.

First Name
Morten
There will have to be some kind of printer/print menu somewhere. As we can't know, since we don't know which POS system, where to find that information, it's practically impossible to assist you.

THere may be others who can help? I certainly can't do anymore.

Can you, for curiosity's sake give the name of the POS system?

Well, I wish you luck in your search to find a solution.

gbmktg

This is a custom system from a company called PostalMate. I'm not sure how to find out what POS system it uses.

gbmktg

Shipping the printer back. If anyone knows where I can get a Deskjet 400 that will work, let me know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts