Need NAS recommendation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DiGiTY

I've been leaning towards D-Link DNS-323, but read that even though it has a gigabit NIC it still performs like a 100 Mb NIC. Any recommendations on a comparable NAS solution that performs better than 100 Mb and has any easy admin user interface?

TIA

DiGiTY

Well, I did a little research and looks like the better options are the Synology DS209 (which is about $100 more expensive, but more solid model overall, found nothing but great reviews and has better network transfer speeds) and the Intel Entry Storage System SS4200 (discontinued, but if you can find it its roughly the same price, 4 bays vs. 2 bays, can run FreeNAS and even better network transfer speeds).

Still not sure which I will go with yet though.

Just thought I'd share what I have so far...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts