1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Nero Help Restoring Files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by robodoc, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robodoc

robodoc Thread Starter

I stored my C drive on CD with nero backup utility before taking my hard drive to a new computer. I was unable to get up and going without a format and XP Pro reload. Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to restore my files. I'm using Nero OEM Suite 3, with Nero Express 6, and Nero backitup. I go to the the restore backup function in Nero. I insert the last disk. In the area that say select back up information I click on the folder to the right and go to the d: drive and I find 2 files. One is a folder the other has a symbol I am not familar with. I click on the one with the strange symbol and it goes to the bottom area where you have the drop down area and then I click open and it puts it back in the select backup information area. It reads 20060301_230421_malia allgaier.ndi. Then I click the button that says Restore to a selected path and put in c:\backup. Then I click the next button and it has the c: with what they call a tick mark next to it. If you click on the + symbol next to it it opens all the folders on the disk. I wanted to start out with just 1 item just in case I goofed something up. So I unchecked everything but 1 program. It told me to put in disk 1 so I did it read it and then it told me to insert the disk labeled Incd. I aleady have Incd loaded but I tryed putting in my suite disk and that did not work. At one point I did something and it started loading everything. It started with disk 1 and then asked for 2. I was not sure what I was doing so I baled out. I can go to my c: drive and find a folder labeled backup. I click on that and then it shows a c folder. You click on that and then it shows all the programs that were on my computer but there is nothing in the file size. Could this be causing the problem? I did try several different programs and could not get any of them to load. Also, how do you get your thread title to appear in bold?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice