Need new computer recommendations

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

medic17506

Brandon
I am in the process of bidding out jobs for building me a new business computer. I am going from a laptop as my primary computer to a PC and downsizing my laptop so essentially having my primary as my pc and then a low-end laptop for travel.

I do QuickBooks consulting full-time whereas I have QB 2010 down through QB 2009 or so therefore need virtual machines to run XP. Also use the full line of MS Office and quite frequently have multiple apps open a once. I need to be able to reproduce issues that my customers are facing when they call in as to make recommendations to fix it...the majority of my customers are buying Windows 7 comps with 64 bit OS...

Here is what I want out of this new machine...I want something that is going to last me for the next 4-5 years and is upgradable if need be perhaps more RAM if needed. Need a minimum of dual monitor would like to increase to possibly 4. I wants something that will handle everything that I throw at it without hesitation and will continue to be a good system as the years pass on that can grow with me. Outside of business apps...I enjoy picture and video editing on a small scale.

So far I have a couple of bids here locally, here is one of them:

Coolermaster Elite Case
HP DVD Burner
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
Western Digital 640gb HD
Rosehill Card Reader
Crucial 4gb DDR3 Memory
Asus Pro Motherboard
Windows 7 Pro Software
Logitech Wirless Mouse & Keyboard
for $934.54

Is this price reasonable? Would you make additional recommendations? I'm open for suggestions, I want to get a good system if I'm going back to a PC...

Thanks,

etaf

Wayne
I assume you are in the states , I would look at the newegg site and see what you get for $1000
DVD burner will be standard - but if you want to get something with a lot of storage you could look at a a bluray writer - I have one on my sony laptop - and to be honest never used to write only playHD - but who knows 4 years time the media could be really cheap and make backup easier
card readers are cheap and common
Harddrive - you can get USB or network drives very cheaply - as a means of storage
the 640 HD - do you know the speed ?

do you know the exact processor ?
Also do you know the graphics card

this machine has a quad processor, only 250GB harddrive and is under $1000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147414

so i think we need a little more on the specs

Processor
Memory and type
Harddrive and speed
Graphic card
would be the main items to start and compare

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online