1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need new desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DKTaber, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

My current desktop, as you see below, is a Win XP 32-bit machine. I'm thinking about replacing it, but the plethora of manufacturers and models make it almost impossible to find out what's the best deal for your needs vs. the buck. My current desktop is custom-built by JNCS Computer Systems in Fairport, NY. I've thought about going back to them for a new computer, but the one I have now has suffered three failures in 4 years: The card reader failed a year ago, the HD failed 2 months ago, and the LED in the power button failed last month. I've replaced all of those, but it makes me think the computer is slowly dying, part by part. So I'm considering a new one.

I've been impressed by the performance vs. cost of the desktops from Cyberpower, and their Reseller Rating is extremely high (4.5 stars average from 4,335 reviewers). Anybody have an opinion on them vs. others?

2. empty213

empty213

If you want to feel the joy of having a new computer, you can always try to build one, research the right components and you can save more money for better deals. Since it is Christmas, it's the right time for great and discounted deals out there.
    You can easily ask forums if the components you picked fit together and will give you the best performance for your cash. You can always try Newegg, Landmark, NCIX, Tigerdirect and more for components.
    If you want a pre-built system, cyberpower computers are great. Try Dell/Alienware, provides quality and best support if you encounter any troubles.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice