1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need new fan for cpu, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DigitalBlasphmy, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalBlasphmy

DigitalBlasphmy Thread Starter

I have a dell xps studio 8100 and the cpu has been running way too hot. The fan kicks on and sounds like a vaccum cleaner its so loud. I would like to buy an after market one, a better one, but I have no idea what would fit?

I cannot get to the back side of the mobo, as its got rivets in it. Basically, I would like a fan to just "plug and play" but im not quite that savvy on what would fit.

My HDD just failed, for the first time in any pc, and I bought a new one and was able to install it today and still now the fans seem to be running a little hotter.

any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and im poor. Budget is best!

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Well, Dell tends to use a lot of proprietary hardware on their computers, so going with an aftermarket CPU cooler may be a problem, you should first try to reseat the heath sink: remove, clean the old thermal goo, ,apply new better thermal past and reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice