1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need new mobo.. which one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gulo Luseus, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus Thread Starter

damn. After a whole host of probs, I have eventually got a working rig. I upgraded my 8800 SLI to GTX 260s, got a C1 BIOS error, mucked around with memory, got a new PSU.. then got MBR failure that I rectified. So far, so good. Then I ram 3D mark, and got a mark lower than I did with the 88s.
    After the C1 error, I eventually got things working with some 800 mhz mem, as the 1066 just wouldnt take at all. I am assuming the mem controller is on the way out, as the 1066 mem works ok in my second rig. Anyways..the upshot is, I am fairly much convinced the mobo is on the way out. So, I am looking for recomendations for a new mobo. Rig spec is as below, and in terms of what I want, a good clockable boardthat can take a quaddie and support 1066 mem. apart from that, open to offers!

Spec is
    Q6600 CPU
    2 x GTX 260 GPUs in SLI
    1000w Abslute PSU
    2x OCZ SLI 1066 mem sticks
    4 x 500gb HDs in RAID
    2 x DVD burners, SATA

Cheers all :)

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus Thread Starter

Thanks Rich :)
    I had a bit of a scout, and decided on the asus striker 2 in the end. Going up to DDR3, in the long run it seemed a fair option. the rebuild starts today, so I hope asus restore my faith!

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Good luck because these days, I avoid anything with an Asus tag on it like the plague. The good news is they have really quick RMA service. The bad news is they return it fast but not fixed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice