Need older ver of Western Didital Disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BungyAlan

I have lost my older version of the cd that comes with a new hard drive. The older versions would let you move your old hard drive data to the new disk making it the new C:. The new versions will move data but not totally replace the C: drive making it the new one. I have a floppy with ver 2.8 but that was before WIN XP and large disks. Does anyone know which version supports XP and large disks that moves the full C: making it the primary disk?? And better yet, does anyone have it?? I would REALLY appreciate a copy of it!! Thanks a Million!!
Alan:)

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
I don't think of us here know what CD you are talking about. Who is the hard drive manufacturer and what is the name of the cd. Those details would really help.

BungyAlan

It's Western Digital hard drive and it's the cd that comes with the new drives. It's the "Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools" cd

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Says right on their Website.
Data Lifeguard Tools 11 for DOS
This download allows you to create a Data Lifeguadr Tools 11 for DOS disk that can be used to setup an internal hard drive, install the DDO BIOS overlay onto the drive, or perform a drive-to-drive copy.

BungyAlan

I know it has ver 11, but I need like 9 or 10. Version 11 does not copy all of the system files so that it completely replaces the primary drive. I am still looking but have not found my earlier versions of this disk.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
BungyAlan said:
I know it has ver 11, but I need like 9 or 10. Version 11 does not copy all of the system files so that it completely replaces the primary drive. I am still looking but have not found my earlier versions of this disk.
Kind of would be false advertising if it says Drive to Drive copy. When I clicked on the link it says it is compatible with all versions of Windows. I am not sure why you aren't get a drive to drive copy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online