1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Outlook 2002 or 2003 to use MSN Premium

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ConcordAve, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ConcordAve

ConcordAve Thread Starter

Hi, I recently signed up for Verizon DSL and was hoping to use MSN Premium for e-mail. I tried to install MSN Premium numerous times unsuccessfully; I called tech support and was told I would have to buy Microsoft Office 2002 or 2003 to use it (I am currently using Office 2000 with Windows XP). Does this sound right? Is it worth it to buy a newer version of Office for the MSN email? I hate the Verizon email system and am hoping MSN is better. Thanks!

2. Mikewell

Mikewell

no, it isn't necessary to have any version of office installed to install msn9... where did your installation fail? are you installing the software from a cd or from membercenter.msn.com?

3. ConcordAve

Hi: I tried it from both a cd and from membercenter.msn.com. I tried it by myself and with a Verizon DSL phone support person. Everytime we'd get almost to the end and then a message would pop up saying that Outlook 2002 or 2003 was required to install the MSN mail. I have Outlook 2000. I don't want to use Outlook for my MSN mail, but the support people still said I had to have an updated version of it for any type of MSN mail to work.

4. Mikewell

Mikewell

instead of a typical install, choose a custom... remove the bottom checkmark, microsoft office outlook connector

5. ConcordAve

Thanks, I will try again!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/277165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice