1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Overclocking help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Uldan1988, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Uldan1988

Uldan1988 Thread Starter

Hy i need help for overclocking my processor...

My pc:
    Motherboard:NF4K8AB
    Processor:sempron 2800+ current speed 1,72 ghz wanted speed atleast 2 ghz
    Ram:kingstone 1,5 gb ddr400

Fabric speed is 1600 mhz iw clocked it on 1,72 if i go up PC wont start..
    HT:x4
    HT link:860mhz
    PCIex bus 100mhz
    Bus speed:current 215mhz max 325
    Multyplayer:x8

2. bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal

So, if I am reading this correctly, your stock speed is 1.6GHz, and you have successfully gotten it up to 1.72GHz, but either at that speed or higher, the system is unstable or won't boot?

If so, you might be able to bump up your voltage on your processor to get that little bit extra out of the processor. BE WARNED. Increasing the voltage will cause the processor to generate quite a bit more heat, so you will need to make sure your heatsink and fan are up to the task.

There is no guarantee that this will work and you make these changes *AT YOUR OWN RISK*. There is always the potential of frying components when overclocking.

3. Uldan1988

Uldan1988 Thread Starter

My current voltage is 1,392 V
    How much more to push...

Thanks for advice

4. bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal

I can't give you any solid number, because each processor is completely different. One Sempron 2800+ may be able to overclock well over 2.0GHz and another one may crash if you bump it up at all. (I'm not saying either is the case with yours)

Now as far as how much should you actually bump it up, just take it in as small of increments as possible while keeping an eye on your temperatures.

5. Uldan1988

Uldan1988 Thread Starter

Tricky...but thanks anyway :)

6. bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal

That is the game of overclocking.
    :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice