Need Packet Writing Software--Free

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

I'm using Nero burning ROM that came with a burner and it seems Nero has dropped InCD from the package. Where can I get a substitute for InCD, preferably free.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Nero still includes InCD with their full retail package:

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/InCD_5.html

However, the versions of Nero that come bundled with some DVD and CD burners do not include all of the Nero Applications. You may want to check into the cost of upgrading your bundled version to the full version.

From what I have read, a freeware UDF packet writer application may be difficult if not impossible to find.

FYI, A number of long time TSG members do not recommend packet writing as a very reliable method of saving data to a CD. There are many threads here about people loosing files on these types of burned discs.

Alex Ethridge

cwwozniak,

I don't recommend packet writing, and more specifically, RW media, as they are proven to be unreliable after as few as two writes in some cases and the failure rate rises very sharply after 7 writes. RW is just as reliable as R if you only write once; but, that defeats the intended purpose of RW.

Personally, I threw away about twenty RWs about three years ago when the failures became apparent. Did you know when this RW stuff came onto the market that the manufacturers had the gall to advertise ten thousand writes before failure? Ha!

But, my customer still wants RW even after strong warnings.

Thanks, kiwiguy, I'll give your link a try when I return there later this week.

Alex Ethridge said:
Personally, I threw away about twenty RWs about three years ago when the failures became apparent.
:eek: I would have taken them. I use them all the time for test discs for video. Of course these aren't of any importance and if the burn fails doesn't matter. They do have a use though if only for that. Can't say I've had a failure yet that I'm aware of and some I've written too at least 100 times.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online