1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need part for hp all in one help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikeygold, Oct 26, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. mikeygold

mikeygold Thread Starter

hp 27190st....where power plug /plugs in to female side computer that's attached to motherboard is missing rubber piece.i need part pictured/ the round rubber piece..ill add pic of how it looks without

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. mikeygold

mikeygold Thread Starter

another pic of it sitting on motherboard

Attached Files:

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Can you still connect the power plug and use the computer ?

I would edit your first post to remove the Email address, the forum rules say all help must be given here in your thread.

Plus you could get a lot of spam.

4. mikeygold

mikeygold Thread Starter

thanks...no the rubber piece missing so I cant plug it in.when I try is shorts it out.computer wont turn on...do u think I need new motherboard? power plug part looks burnt.woukd that of fried motherboard? or? tia

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It looks like the missing piece was there to keep a centre pin in the plug from touching the 4 outer metal parts in the socket. You might be able to make something that will do the job, maybe a piece of the insulation on a fairly large diameter wire would do, pushed over the centre pin in the plug.

If you can solder you could try replacing the socket, you might find one on Ebay.

Otherwise you will need a 'new' motherboard, once again Ebay would be the most likely place to find one.

6. mikeygold

mikeygold Thread Starter

thank you

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice