1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need PHP 5 and MySQL 5 hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Genidiot, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Genidiot

Genidiot Thread Starter

Can anyone recommend a hosting plan that offers both PHP 5 and MySQL 5 hosting? I never though it would be so hard to find. I'm looking to migrate my GoDaddy site over the next couple months. These are the essentials:

* Shared Linux hosting.
    * PHP 5.x
    * MySql 5.x
    * Multiple (I have 2 now, likely to increase to about 4) domains sharing a single hosting account

The total data transferred in the last 9 months (length of hosting plan) is just over 1GB, though that will hopefully go up in a few months. I don't have that much used disk space wise either. But I'm doing development and I need the right PHP/MySql base.

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

3. Genidiot

Genidiot Thread Starter

I didn't see the version, but they limit the MySQL database size to 100MB. That's what I need the majority of my diskspace for!

4. MMJ

MMJ Guest

If your db reaches 100mb than that will be a major shock.

I know a forum with 500,000 posts that has a db size of around 10... zipped I think.

Not sure how big tsg's db is.

also look at the google link, I am pretty sure there will be something that fits your needs. :)

what is your price range?

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    LunarPages shows their hosting plans include MySQL 4+ and PHP 4+ and say MySQL 5 & PHP 5 are available. The $21.95/mo business package includes free domain registration for up to four domain names.

We use them for hosting our company's basic web sites (no databases or scripting being used).

EDIT: I just checked and we are on an Apache Server running on Linux.

6. Webman

Webman

7. hi_itsme

hi_itsme

I've justfound the same trouble! I ended up settling on A2 hosting. They offer PHP5 as a module, most of the extensions, (but I don't remember which version of mySQL)
    But the cheapest packages don't come with much bandwith or DB space...
    Let us know what you find!

8. diggingforgold

diggingforgold

I'm running PHP 5.1.4 and MySQL 5.0.24 w/cPanel 10 on CentOS (level3 & internap). How many MySQL user connections will you need? If your needs aren't too heavy and if you have no luck finding another host (you can try searching the shared host ad section of webhostingtalk.com, there's plenty of offers there), then shoot me a PM.

9. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Who are you hosted with?

10. diggingforgold

diggingforgold

KnownHost.com VPS. They also offer shared and reseller hosting, but I don't know exactly if they offer PHP5 and MySQL5 on their shared accounts. You can ask their sales people on their live chat.

When we setup our VPS, I upgraded both. I guess most hosts shy away from 5 because of worries about stability, but in all honesty, we have been hosting 28 accounts of various sizes since October with 0 issues.

11. defuse3388

defuse3388

I do understand that it is quite difficult to find a good host according to your requirements.To make things easier for you, I would suggest you one of the best options to go with for your shared hosting requirements that has Mysql 5.x and PHP 5.x along with Multiple domains.You may check the website for more details.
    http://www.eukhost.com/packages.php
    Please feel free to PM or email me, if you have any queries.

12. WebKing27

WebKing27

If you are using it for development then why don't you go for VPS. With www.Micfo.com you will be able to get it just for $35. It's worth to visit this site for virtual dedicated hosting

13. tjamnz

tjamnz

yahoo is very inexpensive for what you get... and they have all the backend apps youll need for free. They just charge you 9 bucks a month via your debit or credit card... and no additional fees... just 8.95 the day i signed up, and (wont be billed 8.95 for another 30 days) no hidden fees

free domain name too.

14. diggingforgold

diggingforgold

Yahoo only supports PHP 4.x and MySQL 4.x (a solid platform, but the OP needs 5.x). They also resell domains from a company in Australia called MelbourneIT (I've had first hand experience with this mess when trying to initiate a transfer for a client. Yahoo points you to Melbourne, while Melbourne points you to Yahoo- both sides giving the runaround and refusing to help).

15. tjamnz

tjamnz

My yahoo host is located:

Inktomi Corporation
    City: Sunnyvale
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 94089

not in melbourne. maybe dedicated hosting is another issue.. i dont know.

Why should i complain for 8.95 a month, php and mysql are non issues for me. I just compile with the correct version. The only thing i personally need SQL for is WordPress . I can code a little, but for my biz sites i hire college level developers ( who are cheap btw ).

And besides, Thats only one of my hosts. I have several others. Im happy with their service, as I use this one just for my personal sites.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice