1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need power tips reference for Kensington laptop power adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

The tips I got with this Kensington 33197 power adapter have numbers stenciled on them like N3, N5, N19, etc. The tips sold on their web site make no mention of the "N" numbers and have numbers like K20059, K20050, etc. and there is no cross reference.

You can also see a complete reference for "N" numbers to all the laptops they support at the above link. Again, no mention of the numbers Kensington uses on their site.

I need a cross reference for these kinds of numbers.

Kensington referred me to their telephone tech support; but, there is a language or cultural barrier that prevents their understanding what I need.

Does anyone know of such a reference?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. Alex Ethridge

Let me get this straight. You think I'm looking one part for one laptop. I don't know how I can make it clearer what I'm looking for; but, I will try.

If you will click on the link in the initial post and then scroll down to the reference between tips and laptops, you see these "N", "J" and "M" numbers that identify the tips and that are actually stenciled on the tips; but, Kensington does not sell these tips by these kinds of numbers. They sell them by a five-digit part number.

To be clear, I am looking for a complete cross-reference for the following. I DO NOT want anyone to research these individually for me. I am looking for a cross reference document. There has to be one somewhere. I've been looking for one off and on for weeks and have had no luck:
    J1 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    J2 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    J6 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N1 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N2 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N3 cross-references to Kensington part number 20050
    N4 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N5 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N8 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N9 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N15 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N16 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    N19 cross-references to Kensington part number 20050
    N27 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    M2 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    M5 cross-references to Kensington part number ________
    M15 cross-references to Kensington part number ________

If I had such a list as this, I could order a tip for just about any laptop with confidence that it is correct.

Here's another example why I want this: Kensington lists two tips for Dell, N3 and N19; but I happen to know that there are Dell laptops that use the N4 and N5 tips. So, if their web site is this deficient in their listings for Dell, they are probably deficient in their listings for others. If I had a complete cross reference, I could bridge this deficiency.

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Well,excuse the **** outta me for trying to help.

5. Alex Ethridge

Okay, the hell is excused outta' you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/864600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice