Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need procedure to capture all Microsoft critical security updates

716 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I run Windows XP Pro SP2 and have the original OEM installation CD. If I run a Repair from the CD, I understand that it will trash all of the 40+ updates since a year ago that have been applied, but retain the user data, like in Program Files and Application Data paths. Let me know if this is not true!

Is there a tool or procedure which can be used to capture all of the Microsoft critical security updates and stream them to CD-RW discs, for example Auto Streamer?

What is the procedure for capturing all of the critical security Microsoft updates - or let's just say all of the Microsoft updates that have been applied since my OS was originally built and installed? Specifically, what is the staging and detail needed to accomplish this task?

I would like to run the Repair on the OS, followed by a CD installation of all of the Microsoft updates that have been applied since my system was first built from scratch without trashing the user data.

What are the gotchas in doing this that can be anticipated, if any to avoid? Or, can this not be done?

Tia,

-- Tom

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi etaf,

Yes, I have the original OEM Windows Pro SP2 CD which is already SP2. So, what would slipstreaming it get me?

-- Tom

#4 ·
nothing, if its already SP2 - had a good search cant seem to find that catalogue option on windows updates - I used it last about 2 years ago to sownload updates for a dialup PC !!!!

sorry back to your orginal question i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.