Need proxy server with dial-on-demand

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

B3gbie

Anybody know a good, free proxy server for a 98,2000,xp lan that supports dial on demand and will work with zonealarm standard?

Internet Connection Sharing (provided with your OS) support this. Which pc will have the connection?

B3gbie

2000 has the connection, but zonealarm standard doesnt like it, know any workaround? Also, security problems, i am set up as a power user on the 2000 machine, and the 98 machine logs me in as that user but 2000 won't have it.

hi... I found this

a toolkit for building simple proxies to solve some problems inherent in IP masquerading and dial-on-demand. It is intended to be useable as is to perform proxying of inbound X11 connections and outbound POP-3 client connections.

http://www.tiki-lounge.com/~ben/software/proxy-readme.html

Savvy :)

http://www.sambar.com/syshelp/dialup.htm
Dial-On-Demand Configuration
The dial-on-demand configuration allows the administrator to configure the RAS entry to use for outgoing connections. This entry must have the phone number and domain pre-configured for use when connecting via the Sambar Server. In addition, a timeout period is defined allowing the dial-up connection to be dropped after a fixed period of inactivity.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online