1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need qualified tech support!

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by imasumak, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imasumak

imasumak Thread Starter

Aug 18, 2015
    I believe that I posted the following in the incorrect heading "Software" when I should have posted it under hardware. Therefore I am posting it once again and hoping in desperation that someone will be able to help me with this problem. Thanking you in advance for any assistance!

Two weeks ago I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S tablet model: TS-700 with “Kit Kat 4.4.2” which is exactly what I wanted. I ran into constant notification attempts by Samsung to get me to install Lollipop 5.0.2 which I do not want. I tried to evade these attempts but finally lollipop was automatically installed on my tablet without my permission. I turned it on to find the installation process in progress and a warning not to turn off the tablet. I hadn't thought to prevent this by disabling automatic updating. So I got blind sided by Samsung.
    I now want to downgrade from lollipop back to Kit Kat 4.4.2 as I detest lollipop and it immediately started causing problems whereas Kit Kat was working like a charm.
    Before attempting this, I am seeking a qualified tech persons knowledge, advice and instructions on the best way to do this. I am reasonably computer smart so I am confident that given precise instructions I can do it.
    I just need to know that the information and instructions provided are dependable, precise and if followed carefully should work correctly. I watched a few utube videos on the subject but none applied to my specific tablet and I felt uneasy about all of the touted methods.

The following information is from the (About Device) section of the tablet settings in hopes that it will be helpful in assisting me if someone can.
    Model # SM-T700
    Android Version: 5.0.2
    Kernal version:
    [email protected] #1
    tues Sept 1 16:04 KST 2015
    LRX22G. T700_5.0.2_0011
    tues Sept 1 2015
    KNOX version
    KNOX 2.3
    Standard SDK 5.3.0
    Premium SDK 2.3.0
    Customization SDK 2.4.0
    Container 2.3.0
    CEP 2.0.1
    Enterprise Billing 1.1.0
    SE for Android 2.3.0
    SSO 2.1.1
    TIMA 3.0
    VPN 2.2.0
    Many Many Thanks!!!!
  2. Sponsor

3. Tanis

May 29, 2006
    First Name:
    Hi, I have requested this get moved to the Android Phones and Tablets section as it is more likely to be seen by people who can help.
  4. valis

valis Moderator

Sep 24, 2004
    Post moved.
  5. plodr

Jun 27, 2014
    First Name:
    This may sound harsh but it is not intended to be.
    Samsung updates frequently and you will just keep getting Lollipop forced on you. So you will spend entirely too much time factory resetting to go back to Kit Kat.

Return the Samsung device and buy a cheap no name tablet with Kit Kit installed. Some of these never get updated.
  6. imasumak

imasumak Thread Starter

Aug 18, 2015
    Thank you to each of you who have taken the time and interest to respond. Much appreciated!
    The thing that really sparks rage is the fact that I paid $350 for this tablet and the fact that it had Kit Kat which I wanted was a major factor. I use it via wifi and am in no way involved with an service provider (sprint, T-Mobile Verizon etc.)

I've noticed that even though in "Settings" I have turned off automatic updates, Samsung continues to "IMPOSE" updates on me anyway. First notifying me that they have been downloaded (with only the Install option) and when I keep closing the page, finally they just install them anyway. I turn on the tablet to find them in the process of being installed automatically.

I am extremely happy with this tablet in it's original Kit Kat form and had no problems until the update and nothing but problems since. I would be grateful for your comments on the following.

In self defense, I am thinking about taking the tablet to an expert tech service and have it Rooted so that I can have complete and independent administrative privileges and control of it. Would those of you with knowledge of Rooting pros and cons please be so kind as to provide your opinions, knowledge, experience, thoughts and advice on this? It would be invaluable to me. Thanks again!
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1165303