1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need RAID Help (Install)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by highgrade, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. highgrade

highgrade Thread Starter

Hi all!

I'm having some problems with a RAID setup.

I installed a Highpoint RocketRAID 454 IDE ATA PCI card.

The onboard highpoint BIOS is not recognized during boot up. However the system recognized that a new device was plugged in, and I installed the necessary drivers. Everything looks normal in the System Devices under RAID, but I can not set up the RAID in BIOS. I used the load.exe tool provided from highpoint to flash the bios, but that also didnt work.

I'm using Windows 2003 with an Intel D845GLAD mobo and latest bios.

What can I try?

Thanks in advance!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If I understand your post, you are not seeing the raid bios during bootup? There is no mention of highpoint 372, etc.

Do drives attached to the highpoint card showup in disk management?

3. highgrade

highgrade Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply crjdriver. :)

I'm not seeing the RAID Bios at all... nothing about raid. The system just goes from the Intel p4 Screen into the Windows 2003 boot screen.

I *do* see the hard drives under disk management. Specifically, I see a 'minus sign' on all the drives attached to raid card and 'Not Initialized'.

I have 3 HDD attached (some with data- highpoint states that I have an option to keep the data under Raid 0- using Scrub???).
    Maybe I should just back up whatever I have on the drives, just in case??

I would like to set up either Just a Bunch of Disks or Raid 0.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you have a boot screen; something that shows the mb mfg or the computer mfg, you might try hitting tab key. This usually allows you to "See" the post and boot info.

If you are already seeing the post and system bios data, memory test, etc; then disregard the above.

5. slawless

slawless

sometimes the raid bios screen just flashes for a fraction of a second. Try just hitting the key you need to access the raid bios quickly. I had to do this on an ASUS mother board, however on that board you could see a momentary flash of the intel raid bios.

steve l

6. DBelton

DBelton

You need to press ctrl+H to get to the highpoint bios screen right after the system bios screen. the prompt to get into the bios might flash by really fast.

Try holding down ctrl+H while the system bios is doing all it's stuff until you get the highpoint bios...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice