1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need recommendation for a new Inkjet printer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bj nick, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Ok, I've used Epson since the early 1990's, never switched, even though I've had several defective models that gave out in a few months, most recently my terrific Photo 1400 for which I spent $300, figuring that if I got a really high-quality printer this time, instead of a $79 inkjet, it would last. Well, it lasted 1 1/2 years, and now is a paperweight.

fwiw: I have an HP P2035 B&W laser printer that I use for all non-color jobs. My new printer is needed only for the occasional color photo print or job, greeting cards, etc. (I recognize that you need to run ink cycles now and then or they'll clog).

So, I now have an open mind. I just need a recommendation for an inkjet that meets the following criteria:

* Prefer to spend $150 or less (hopefully- if there is a fantastic printer out there for a little more, fine.)

* Print very nice quality color photos; nice enough for 8 x 10's on premium glossy paper to go on the wall.

* Won't break down in a year! * Reliable and trouble-free (as much as possible; I don't expect miracles.)

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    We have a HP Deskjet 1220c and it runs great. We got when we were running early XP. The label on the back is dated May 2001.

Note, it is a 11 inch and can handle 11 x 17 like a charm. We use it for photo's, spreadsheets, and etc..

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    HP Shopping ..
    I'd look for one that takes XL cartridges .. About 4 times the ink at twice the price and saves 3 less trips to the store.

And maybe you can find a Refill Kit for the cartridges .. if you want to try it yourself.
    Mine came with some good instructions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice