1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need recommendation for gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by soundecology, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soundecology

soundecology Thread Starter

My son would like a new or refurbished laptop with some decent gaming capabilities. We've always had Dells but would be interested to hear what other people are using. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Pookie

Pookie

Gaming and laptops really dont go well together. It either comes to a performance issue or a heat issue. Now don't get me wrong you can game on a laptop but your performace will most likely suffer greatly.

3. RogueSpear00

RogueSpear00

Questions like this only get answered one way: What's your budget?

That will ultimately determine what type of hardware you can afford, and therefore narrow down your selection.

My offhand 2 second recommendation is the Toshiba Qosmio series, although regardless of which laptop you get - you will always have two issues: battery life (gaming rigs generally require more power to supply to their hardware components) and heat (more powerful components put out more heat).

My personal recommendations in order of quality but also very budget driven are -
    #1 Fujitsu
    #2 Toshiba (best bang for your buck)
    #3 Dell

Everything else is usually poop, although HPs aren't bad if you can get past their cheesy and easily breakable exterior and ocassional mediocre part usage.

4. Cazio

Cazio

I'd recommend Asus gaming laptops. They epitomize the "Look at me! I'm a gamer!" style, but they are very solid machines. They have the main cooling fan on the side, meaning no fried lap and no overheating computer. Battery time is also decent (depending what you're doing). Finally, they have a system if in-OS overclocking for modifying performance, which in turn modifies heat output and power consumption.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!