1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need recommendations for better backup software.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Drifter721, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter721

Drifter721 Thread Starter

Running Windows XP Home with Norton Ghost.

Had to do a full recovery today. Had to go back through several backup dates because Symantics Norton Ghost failed to recognize backup discs it had previously passed with flying colors on the Integrity Check.

Fortunately, it finally recognized a backup from two weeks back. This is not acceptable and I'm now looking for a better backup software package. Any suggestions?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm not sure I'd dump GHOST because you have one corrupted image. It's one of the most popular image backup utilities, and I've used it in a number of accounts with 100% success. OTOH, I had Acronis True Image install trash a system to the point I needed the GHOST backup I had for it. :) I don't think Acronis True Image is trash because of that one incident, but it can happen to any application, and might not even be connected to the specific application. [​IMG]

Any of the major brand image backups would probably do the trick...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/254838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice