1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Router Address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by capamando, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. capamando

capamando Thread Starter

Hello,

Could someone please post the router address for:

Lynksys---model befw11s4 ver. 4

I need it to get into the configuration program. I have tried 192.168.1.1

I called lynksys and afte talking to two people from who knows where in the world they told me that i would have to pay a one time fee for the address. is this the only way? what a racket!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well if it's on DHCP and your computer gets an IP address, simply go to Command Prompt (Start - Run - type cmd and press enter) and type ipconfig /all. The listing Default Gateway is your router's IP address.

Generally the default IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 though if it was set up the IP address may be different. I sometimes use 10.x.x.x network.

3. coulterp

coulterp

According to the user manual it is 192.168.1.1.
    Perhaps the router has previously been set off the factory default??
    You could try common options like 192.168.0.1. As Couriant notes it's fairly easy to find out.
    Failing that you can do a hardware reset (see UM for details). Reset button on rear as per Figure 3.1.
    Perhaps the technical support you spoke with misunderstood and were referring to a static WAN IP address (although even then it's more usual to have a monthly fee rather than a one-off fee).

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I was going to suggest a hard reset, but that's a last resort, especially if you have a static IP address from your ISP... take it from experience ;) took me a while.

5. capamando

capamando Thread Starter

Hello,

I would like to thank you profusely for your help.....Both of you are a tremendous asset to this site.

Thank you(y) :)

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    (y) Glad to be of service.

7. coulterp

coulterp

Good stuff! Glad it worked out! (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice