1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Router that will work with Wii

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Martjean2, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Martjean2

Martjean2 Thread Starter

Hello,
    Could someone help me with this. I have a D-link 524 router that will not work with my Wii. Supposedly the Wii was configured to work on 802.11B and I have a G. I set it up for multi and it still won't recognize the Wii. According to the Wii site. This router will not work with their game. I'm not that great with all this detail, but I followed everything on their site and still nothing. Spent 2 hours trying.
    Can anyone help with this or give me some suggestions.
    Thanks.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I had a D-Link 524 and my wii worked fine with it. I now have a D-Link DIR 615 and that one works as well.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have a WII and it's talking to a D-Link DIR-615 running g-n with b disabled. It's also running WPA2/AES, the latest encryption. I think think this is a WII issue.

4. Martjean2

Martjean2 Thread Starter

Squashman,
    Thanks for the info. You say you had a dlink 524 and it worked with your Wii.
    Do you remember what version it was? I have tried for over 2 hours to get this thing to work with my Wii Fit and I'm exhausted. I have Ver C1. I was told this version will not work. If I don't have to invest in a router right now, I'll be happy not to--so any tip you have will be most appreciated.
    MartJean2

5. Martjean2

Martjean2 Thread Starter

JohnWill,
    Thanks for the reply. I think you're right. I have those encriptions as well. I think it was rather lame for them to release a Wii without the ability to work with newer, faster routers. They were probably trying to do a Microsoft Windows thingy.

6. JohnWill

You miss my point. My Wii is working with a WPA2/AES connection to the router.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Your point would have been clearer w/o the typo "I think think this is a WII issue," John. :) [Clearly the first think was supposed to be don't.]

Hardware revision C of DI-524 has a reputation, apparently well deserved, for having a ton of problems. But I still expect any device should be able to get a connection; it's just that the connection may not work well.

8. JohnWill

That was supposed to be don't, drat! :eek:

I had a ton of issues with the DI-524 I had, but as you say, you could connect, just not stay that way. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice