Need Search Software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BodySpill

Hello,

I was wondering if there was some free searching software that would allow me to set up criteria where it would show all of the times a word appears within a certain range of another word. I hope this makes sense, but I don't really know how to explain it any other way.

Thanks!

etaf

Wayne
what are you searching through a little more detail on what you want to search would help

with word you could do a replace - and replace with the exact same word - then it will tell you how many times it replaced

Sounds like you are looking for a Proximity Search.
Don't know of any free ones unless you want to write the search expression yourself.

For example, you can use Notetab Light.
To find the word text within 20 characters of the word fox, you would use this as the regular expression to search with:
(fox((.)|(\r\n)){0,20}test)|(test((.)|(\r\n)){0,20}fox)
Note that this counts a Carriage Return/Line Feed as one character.

If you want to specify words it would get much more complex.

Here's one shareware program I found, but I've never used it:
Text Filterer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online