need setting for a tp-link td-w8910g fo connect to talk talk broadband

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boffy1970

having tried so many times to set-up my wireless router to talk talk even calling them in aiding me to get connected they have help for d-link a hauew based version but not tp-link
TD-W8910G all i need is the correct setup procedure and what i have to tick or not tick using the so(called) quick easy setup built in this is what i have done so far....to no evale

e.g

vpi:(0-255) 0
vci(32-65535) 38
PPP over atm(PPPoA)
encapsulating mode (??????????)
username
password
authentiification method :CHAP
dial on demand :15
PPP ip EXTENSION:yes
STATIC IP:NO
ppp DEBUGING:YES
WAN ENABLE:YES
ENABLE DHCP:YES
ENABLE WIRELESS:YES

SAVE/REEBOOT

THIS DONT WORK UNABLE TO CONNECT TO ANYTHING NET RELATED AND YES HAVE DONE A CMD:pING/IPCONFIG AND SETUP XP CORRECTLY....sorry for the shouting but doing my head in need help plus the router has been tested with another network and is working correctly...:mad::mad::confused::(

boffy1970

i have stated the brand and model but i will again (TP-LINK TD-W8910G) its a 54m adsl 2 wireless router

TerryNet

Terry
Many ISPs require the modem's MAC Address to be registered with them. Is that the case with your ISP? If so, have you registered the new modem's MAC Address?

boffy1970

but we havnt changed network just modem only mac adresses are required if changing supplier ie from talk talk to bt so thats not the problem, just settings of the actual modem for it to connect correctly to the dns etc...

boffy1970

Many ISPs require the modem's MAC Address to be registered with them. Is that the case with your ISP? If so, have you registered the new modem's MAC Address?
but we havnt changed network just modem only mac adresses are required if changing supplier ie from talk talk to bt so thats not the problem, just settings of the actual modem for it to connect correctly to the dns etc

TerryNet

Terry
but we havnt changed network just modem only mac adresses are required if changing supplier ie from talk talk to bt so thats not the problem, just settings of the actual modem for it to connect correctly to the dns etc...
I have no idea what you mean by that. I had made the assumption that you were using your ISP successfully and are now trying to change the modem (or modem/router combo) used.

I'm not providing you any help with my assumptions, so please describe exactly your environment and what you are trying to do and what is happening or not happening.

By the way, your computer specs say that you have cable broadband, but in this thread you are talking about an ADSL modem/router. Maybe you want to clear that up also.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online