1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by southquail, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southquail

southquail Thread Starter

I'm looking for a software program/script (?) to automatically dial/redial dial up 3+ differrent dial-up network connections.

Overview: My ISP has 3 dial up numbers and I would like to find a program/script that would automatically dial-up an Internet connection I have for my ISP and keep hanging up & redialing my ISP until it reaches a preset speed (for example, at least 41K-). Then (if it can't make connection on that line at a predetermined speed I selected, it would hang-up and automatically dial the next of the 3 ISP #'s I have for the same ISP (or a different ISP) and keep doing that with all 3 phone numbers (one after the other of course).

I would want it to do that over and over, automatically, until it finally reached a connection speed I preset (for example 43K). That way when I wake up, I could start the program and let it run for an hour (or however long it takes) while I get ready, until it was able to connect at target speed I preselected, which could take a long while on my voice grade line.

The phone lines are lousy around here, so I DESPERATELY need something like this. Does anyone know of any software program or any way to jimmy-rig something, fairly easily, to do that? (the point of all this is to get as good of a dial up speed as I can get where I live on my voice grade phone lines here, because there is NO Cable/DSL where I live!

Thanks For Reading This and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. (I'm not a Techie, so I have no idea of how this could even be accomplished...do you?)

2. SemmySweet

SemmySweet

southquail,
    Dial up networks are a strange breed. But connection speeds aren't what you're looking for. In fact, you want to know what bandwidth you have. I've seen 28k connection with a good solid bandwidth. Check your numbers and find the one that gives you the best return. I don't know of any automated scripts like that, but some programmers here might be able to help. Keep in mind, that when you hit a jump station your connection drops, and your overall connection speed is decided by the weakest link between you and your telephone number you're calling. So changing numbers changes the direction of your signal. I hope a programmer jumps in and has an automated solution for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice