Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need some advice about hosting with WordPress

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  savvtcinsif 
#1 ·
hey tech guys

Any one of you using a good host service with wordpress,
as searched, some offer domain names free for life and just the hosting plan to pay for, also found a long list of hosting providers, not sure which one to select,
however, I would like to ask if anyone with experience of hosting,
thanks.

#2 ·
Everyone has their own opinion about good or bad hosts and as such it is a difficult question to answer. Some of the online webhosting reviews are biased as they are created by some of the hosting companies. Some people recommend avoiding any of the EIG group hosting companies others say they are OK. I am happy with a couple of hosts that I use but others may not be happy with them. A lot will depend on how big the site is and how many visitors you will get. Like most things in life you get what you pay for and the cheaper you go the less likely you will get good service.

After all that personally, after a bad experiences, I would never use 1and1 or GoDaddy. I do use Webhostingpad and Namecheap without problems, running Wordpress sites, but others will undoubtedly disagree with me.

#3 ·
Hey colinsp, thanks for the reply,
actually you answered me so far, to be clear and direct to the point, I am using godaddy currenty, but feeling unhappy and sometimes the server down!!!
the problem is that I bough the domain name and the hosting package with them,
is possible to move this out to a new hosting provider? i meant my domain names that I booked with them,
my package supports up to 25 domain with wordpress, or I have to keep paying the yearly domain to them? for hosting I guess it's possible, for domain names not sure if can be migrated or not?
Any suggestions about this?
thanks a lot and appreciate your kind efforts!
Regards

#4 ·
Yes you can change domain registrars, some charge you a fee for changing. You usually need a transfer code from the old registrar before you can move to a new one. You may be better staying with GD for the domain registration and just moving elsewhere for your hosting. All you have to do is change the new hostings Name Server details from your existing ones and within 48 hours your new site will be up and running. (It takes up to 48 hours for the name server change to propagate across the web).

#5 ·
How technical are you? Linode lets you setup your own virtual server then you can use one of their scripts to install linux plus wordpress. Or even better a linode then add serverpilot.io to it (serverpilot lets you log in and manage sites, users, apps like a control panel).

DigitalOcean.com consistently rate well - but not as cheap as GoDaddy. however you often get what you pay for.

Trying to finds a supplier near your visitors geography is good for performance.

#6 ·
Good hosting for wordpress, did you try Stablehost? they presently has the discount up to 75% forever. You should consider it. I use it for my two wordpress sites, and it's ok. Plus, sure that your host is nearest your target visitor for best performance. or if not, and bigger than small website, then try to use cloudflare for faster website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.