1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need some advise

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Zuki, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zuki

Zuki Thread Starter

I am using netscape and have finally gotten fed up with the way AOL is handling this company. They continually mess with the browser and do things to it and then take forever to get it working right again. Is there any other places I can get the services like netscape without the messing around.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. bandit429

bandit429

Here is a download thats not from aol,,hope it helps,

Click Here

3. hewee

hewee

4. Zuki

Zuki Thread Starter

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. The problem with your suggestions if they leave me with Netscape and I am rying to find another Browser and e-mail source.

My reference to AOL is because they bought Netscape some time ago and netscape has gone downhill every since....:confused:

5. hewee

hewee

6. Zuki

Zuki Thread Starter

I must be missing something. If I downloaded Netscape 7.01 I would still be using netscape and that is what I am trying to get away from. What is the advantage to 7.01. As far as I can see it would still use the same e-mail service and software from Netscape and that is what is so messed up.

Zuki :confused:

7. hewee

hewee

Well don't install it if you don't want it then.

But it is in no way like AOL or even close to AOLHELL.

You can get the same thing but is is not from AOL if you get Mozilla from here.

http://www.mozilla.org/

It's what Netscape run's on but AOL has not touched it.

8. Zuki

Zuki Thread Starter

I went to the Mozilla site and I don't believe that is anything I should get into. I understand it is a fine software but from what I seen and read I think it would be beyond what I am capable of using. I did see that 7.02 is based upon and so 7.02 must be pretty good.

Am I right is thinking that 7.02 is in a seperate folder and if I do not make it the primary browser I will still have what I have now available until I decide to go with 7.02 full time.

I am being careful as I don't want to get into a mess. Found the best way for me to prevent that from happening is be very careful about what I do.

9. hewee

hewee

I undertand and the best thing you can do is get a real ISP and use your own browers and that is just what your doing now if you stop using AOL.

The silly dog site you can talk to Ramona who is a mod over there and has tested out everything and she is great at helping. She comes here as cherokee but is busy at the other sites so you will not see her her that much.

Your be happy getting away from AOL.

10. Zuki

Zuki Thread Starter

I guess I was not very clear. I am not using AOL and never have. I am presently using Netscape and have become totally unhappy with it. I am looking for some other browser and someplace I can get e-mail that will work and is operated like Netscape. I have to go through a local ISP and they furnished Netscape. I need one that I can use on this ISP since it is the only choice available in this area without long distance charges. I will be able to use any browser on this ISP since they could care less.

11. AR1Redneck

AR1Redneck

Why not internet explorer?

12. hewee

hewee

Zuki,

OK you can use IE or opera or other browers then.

With I.E. you can set it up to use Netscape for your email.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/121667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice