1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need some good firewall recommendations

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gotrootdude, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gotrootdude

gotrootdude Thread Starter

Had vcom systemsuite installed in clients PC, But for some ungodly reason it messed up freecell. Uninstalled system suite and installed zone alarm, but it crashes the PC every time you close windows. What else is available. It's a old 300mhz clunker, but there's no hardware or software problems before install.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude Thread Starter

Kerio personal firewall is seeming to work. Wierd thing was vcom's firewall scrambled the screen while playing games, and zonealarm crashed all the time. Vcom's or zonealarm always worked for me, this is the first time I've had problems with them.

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

I have to reccomend Zone Alarm. It is the best one that I have ever used with tiny personal as a second choice. If ANY firewall is crashing on you then you'll want to do a full scan with spybot/adaware.

4. starman2002

starman2002

5. karbo

karbo Banned

I would have to say Zone Alarm Pro all the way. It's not only a great firewall but it also blocks all possible ads, popups or unwanted tracking cookies. Great software that works for a change.

6. olopbob

olopbob

When Vcom bought systemsuite from Ontrack I think they just forgot about it. I have had trouble getting any support from Vcom and now they want 40 more bucks to upgrade. I'm running away from home and looking for a new firewall but I like a lot of the other utilities included. If anyone has a suggestion on another package let me know.

7. Topkat

Topkat

Personally I have been much happier with Sygate's FW since I got rid of ZA. Sygate's an application based FW too, so it's easy to change if you're not very tech. It was tough to uninstall ZA too, since it left a lot of muck behind that took me a while to figure out how to remove.

If it's ZAPro that you installed on the other hand, then get onto their customer support and figure out why this crashes on you.

8. Jelley

Jelley

Quiet often you get a Firewall built in with anti-virus software!?!

:cool: Jelley :cool:

9. olopbob

olopbob

In 3 years (knock on wood) I stayed ahead of infections, hard to fight that stat especially on my 24/7 connection. Just looking for protection for the next 3 plus all the bells and whistles.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/162324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice