1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need some help here on deciding on an eVGA or XFX 7600gt

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AhrenBa, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hello,

I have been looking at getting a new graphics card and was originally looking at the eVGA 7600GT CO and KO. By the way, what is the difference between CO and KO, and which is better?

Then I found out that the eVGA was having some overheating issues so I began looking at some VGA coolers for about $25.

From there I was thinking if I went to another brand such as XFX or PNY, that the overheating may not happen.

Would you guys suggest getting an eVGA with a 3rd party heatsink (or have you guys had great success with the stock cooler?) or should I get an XFX or PNY 7600gt?

I am assuming that the XFX and PNY don't have as bad of overheating problems from the customer reviews. Which brand is best, eVGA, XFX, or PNY?

What is you guys advice to this dilemma? What would you do? Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys. :)

2. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. :)

3. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

4. Jones

Jones

Of the three brands, eVGA has the best general reputation.

I have an XFX card though, and have been really happy with it's performance, and the support provided by XFX when I had a couple of questions. They got back to me very quickly.

5. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Cool, thank you very much. Do you know anything about the difference between the 7600gt CO and KO models? Whats the difference? Which is better?

Thanks a ton!

6. Jones

Jones

The only difference I can find on any website (including eVGA's site) is that the KO supports up to 250hz refresh rate and the CO supports up to 240hz refresh rate.

Other than that, and of course the $2.00 price difference, the spec's are identical.

7. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

So, would you recommend getting the KO?

One thing that I was finding was that some people were saying the KO had a bigger heatsink which ran more efficient. However, there were some saying it had overheating problems.

Pretty contradictory, huh? Do you know anything about this?

Thanks again.

8. Jones

Jones

I read the same reviews you have, and at this point I think you need to flip a coin.

I can't find any difference that would matter between the two cards in terms of performance.

As far as any of the specs are concerned, the cards are identical, and should perform to the same level.

If it were me though, I'd get the KO, just so I had the technically better card according to eVGA, even though it really doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

9. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Alright, cool! Thanks for the help, man. I appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Oh just one more thing. I was on another forum and some guy recommended a LeadTek for various reasons, one of them being cooling. Have you ever used this brand? Thanks

10. Jones

Jones

Nope. But I've heard various things, some good, some bad.

Generally speaking, the most popular brands of nVidia cards are: eVGA, BFG, and XFX

If you have the opportunity, I'd stick with these brands. Their reputations are well deserved, and their tech support is really good, if you ever happen to need it.

11. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Alright, thanks for the advice. ;)

12. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Ok, I have been reading a ton of posts around the net saying that eVGA 7600gt CO and KO have a ton of freezing problems. What is this about? Is there a fix?

Also, is this just eVGA or would it be any better if I bought a XFX, PNY, Leadtek, or BFG? If so, which one? Thanks

13. batharoy

batharoy

The CO seems to be an overclocked card if I am reading the description right.
    Core Clock 580MHz (Standard 450MHz)
    Memory Clock 1500MHz (Standard 1320MHz)

14. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Yes, this is the weird thing, both the CO and KO are overclocked to the same specs. They both have 580/1500.

The only difference I have found between the two is that the KO has a bigger, all copper heatsink and fan. This sounds extremely nice, but I have been finding all over the net that these KO's are having a ton of freezing problems.

Do any of you know about these? Do XFX's, Leadtek's, or PNY's do this also? Thanks

EDIT: Jones suggested the KO, but since I have been reading all these "freezing" problems with the KO, I am leaning towards the CO. Which do you guys think I should get, the CO or KO? Thanks

Apologies for any annoyance I am causing, lol :)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/493076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice