1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need some help on building a new PC.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ashmo_uk, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashmo_uk

ashmo_uk Thread Starter

In the next month or so I will building my new computer, but I dont no what hardware to have. I have a max limit of £700.

I want a mothbaord that can run windows vista with a agp x8 slot and a PCI-E 16x slot. That has aorund 6x 2.0 USB ports, With aorund 3 or 4 PIC slots.It must also have a sata and ide connecters.

I have picked a ATX tower already.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aspire-X-Crui...hZ002QQcategoryZ80168QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I would like around 2gb's of ram DDR2 prefarbely.

A 300GB Stat harddrive.

Not to sure on the grapihcs card, to may to chose from I was thinking of around 256mb card maby a geforce 7600 or ATI Radeon X850 XT.

A 3.6Ghz proccersor. Dule or singal core.

Thanks.

2. bigbear

bigbear

I think you are going to find it a bit differcult to locate a mobo with AGP and PCIe.
    Why would you want to anyway?
    Some of the early PCIe mobo's had a combo, haven't seen one for a while though
    AGP was a stop gap while the graphic card manufactors waited for PCIe mobo's to become available.

3. ashmo_uk

ashmo_uk Thread Starter

Well whats the best agp or PCI x 16?

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Pci-Express blows away agp for graphics quality.

5. replay

replay

mothbaord prefarbely Dule singal maby

differcult

mmmmm.......some interesting spelling over the pond:)

6. squidboy

squidboy

The GeForce 7600GS is a nice upgrade for those that only have AGP, tho it's a bit pricey. Mind you, performace is not dictated by the interface as some in this thread may lead you to believe as no current video game is bottle-necked there. It's merely compatibility with your current motherboard and subsequent performance of individual components.

So, choose an upgrade path that meets your spending limit and if you find a full motherboard/cpu/ram upgrade is more efficient, then choose that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/511218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice