Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need some help on building a new PC.

834 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  squidboy 
#1 ·
In the next month or so I will building my new computer, but I dont no what hardware to have. I have a max limit of £700.

I want a mothbaord that can run windows vista with a agp x8 slot and a PCI-E 16x slot. That has aorund 6x 2.0 USB ports, With aorund 3 or 4 PIC slots.It must also have a sata and ide connecters.

I have picked a ATX tower already.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aspire-X-Crui...hZ002QQcategoryZ80168QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I would like around 2gb's of ram DDR2 prefarbely.

A 300GB Stat harddrive.

Not to sure on the grapihcs card, to may to chose from I was thinking of around 256mb card maby a geforce 7600 or ATI Radeon X850 XT.

A 3.6Ghz proccersor. Dule or singal core.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you are going to find it a bit differcult to locate a mobo with AGP and PCIe.
Why would you want to anyway?
Some of the early PCIe mobo's had a combo, haven't seen one for a while though
AGP was a stop gap while the graphic card manufactors waited for PCIe mobo's to become available.

#6 ·
The GeForce 7600GS is a nice upgrade for those that only have AGP, tho it's a bit pricey. Mind you, performace is not dictated by the interface as some in this thread may lead you to believe as no current video game is bottle-necked there. It's merely compatibility with your current motherboard and subsequent performance of individual components.

So, choose an upgrade path that meets your spending limit and if you find a full motherboard/cpu/ram upgrade is more efficient, then choose that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.