1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need some help, please!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by MustangFan, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MustangFan

MustangFan Thread Starter

Not really sure whats wrong with my computer, but its been acting up all day today. I installed Norton Antivirus 2003 today and it didn't find anything. However these executable files keep popping up:

winnet.exe
    stub.exe
    fsg_3202.exe
    msbb.exe

Are these files important or do they need to be erased? What is their function? I'm just trying to get my computer to start behaving properly again. Thanks!

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi MustangFan, Welcome to TSG !!
    Those are spyware. Go here and download spybot. Install it and run the update. Let it search and see what comes up. The items in red are ok to remove. If you feel better just tell us briefly what items do come up.

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

4. MustangFan

I did that and it found 217 problems, so do I just delete them and everything will go back to normal.

Thanks alot for the help.

5. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Your Welcome!!

[​IMG]

6. MustangFan

Last dumb question, I promise...I forgot how to get into the directories using DOS. For example the file stub.exe is located in the directory EBKRDR which is found in the program files. How do I get into the EBKRDR directory?

EBKRDR <DIR> 02-01-03 9:26a ebkrdr

C:\Program Files>

7. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Can you uninstall it from add/remove?? If so do!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice