1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Some Info!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by soulq, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

Hi Recently Ive come across a problem with my psu and my gpu and my cpu cooler i changed all of them but i was looking at other peoples speedfan screenshots and i noticed my +12v rail is mostly always at 2.50v i dont know if thats a problem or not so im attaching a speedfan screenshot of my voltages and temps in hopes that someone might help me figure out why my pc freezes when i play games at varies time periods so play help me

Attached Files:

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

I think if it was that low the computer wouldn't boot at all to be honest because the 3.3v is also very close to 0v. Try using a program called CPUID hardware monitor. It seems to give me better and more acurate results. Look in the bios as well if you can.

3. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

i downloaded CPUID but dont seem to show the +3.3v but here is a screenshot of HWmonitor

Attached Files:

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

It doesnt look like the 12v sensor is damaged as it is reporting a range of different voltages. It may be that the PSU is broken or the motherboard is not sending correct voltage information. It is hard to tell unless you have a voltage multimeter around.

5. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

nah i don't just a side note tho i recently replaced the psu and that psu was doing the same thing during gaming too so im guessing it could be the processor or mobo since everything else is basically a week or 2 old

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Check your voltages in the bios. There is no way your 12V is that low; it would not even post if it were.

Next post the exact system specs; ie make and model of mb, brand and wattage of pw supply, brand and speed of ram, what cpu, what video card, etc, etc, etc. Post links to your parts if possible.

7. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

Ok Specs are

Intel Core 2 Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
    Gigabyte EP-45T Extreme Motherboard
    6GB of G-skill DDR3 Ram 1333mhz
    Xfx ATI 4890
    Cosair HX 750w PSU
    2 pioneer DVD burners
    1 Seagate 1TB HDD sata
    1 WD 640GB HDD sata
    1 Seagate 600gb HDD IDE

i checked the bios i dont think this photo capture is of the right thing but it is the only thing i could find on voltages on my bios

Attached Files:

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Since you have a gigabyte board, why not load easytune on your system? This will give you all of the hardware readings. You can download the latest version at the gigabyte site.

As to your problem, does it freeze on just one game or all games? Does it freeze when doing some cpu intensive task like video encoding?

9. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

only game ive tested that hasnt frozen was guild wars all others freeze i have easy tune installed already and no it doesnt freeze on video encoding just games tried champions online, devil may cry 4 the witcher sacred 2 no matter what config i do it just crashes

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, if you have easytune installed, what does it show for temps and voltages? Make sure you run something that stresses the system like prime95 when checking voltages.

What does your video card show for temps under a load?

11. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

here are the screenshots it seems the gpu temps keep creeping up slowly but steadily

Attached Files:

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your cpu temps seem OK. Have you opened the system to check the mounting of the video cooler and given the system a good cleaning with a can of air?

13. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

yep ive picked it apart afew times idk im running out of ideas tho i noticed the other day the pins on the gpu where the fan connects to were bent considering i never touched the gpu where the pins are i can return it and see if i can get it replaced

14. soulq

soulq Thread Starter

i put in my card into the pci-e 8x slot and it took alot longer for a game to crash i thought all was well til it crashed im starting to think the card has been faulty or something

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It may well be. XFX has a lifetime warranty so you can return the card. Just go through the normal rma process.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice