1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need suggestions for free Web-Site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AbvAvgUser, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

I need suggestions for a free web-site provider. I don't have a domain and don't mind something like www.freeservers.com or even better.

Which one is the best available free service for a web-site?

2. vpn

vpn

3. RandyG

RandyG

www.netfirms.com

I've used their free service before and it is very good. Friends have used their paid service, and have been very happy with it.

4. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

I used to use FreeServers (www.ubh.8k.com); it was OK, but I wanted more. So now I have my own host (unfortunately it does cost me a good deal of money) with www.planetubh.com

I would do like the other suggested and look around. Personally however, I am not too fond of Geocities, NetFirms, Lycos, FreeServers, etc (most of the free ones of course). But it really has to do with how many visitors you will get to your site and how you will use it and all that.

5. suzi

suzi

A lot of ISP's will provide some free webspace for their customer. You could try checking with yours. You you would not be able to use your own domain name, it would probably have the name of the ISP in your URL. It depends on what you want for your site, how big it will be, how much traffic you anticipate etc.

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

I am extremely greatful to you people for giving me something so useful.

Thank you all. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice