Need Support For Upgrading Motherboard, CPU, and RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

toxkafe

I am trying to upgrade my PC and from posts, I have seen on the internet. People recommend reinstalling the OS. And if that wipes the storage device once installed. And people recommend reinstalling it because drivers could conflict and cause problems for PC. I am just lost in what to do to ensure I won't have any problems upgrading and running my PC after. And to ensure that I won't lose data.

Couriant

James
The only thing that would have potential issues would be if you are upgrading your video card

what is your current set up (be detailed)

what are you looking to accomplish?

crjdriver

And to ensure that I won't lose data.
Data you do not have multiple copies [on separate media] is data you do not care about AND you should expect to lose said data at some point in time. ALL drives fail; it is only a question of when your drive will fail. With a backup, no big deal if a drive fails; simply install a new drive and restore the data files.
I am just lost in what to do to ensure I won't have any problems upgrading and running my PC after.
It would be a very good idea to post your exact parts list ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. I assume you are getting a new case and not trying to reuse a dell, hp, or other big box case. If you are doing the above, that almost always leads to problems.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online