Need surveillance camera but which one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

linsjean

I live in an apartment complex. Just today, neighbor 1 drove out of town without locking her doors. While she was gone, neighbor 2 smelled something like gas or Kerosene, so that neighbor called the cops. Meanwhile, neighbor 3 contacted neighbor 1 to advise her of the smell who gave nighbor 3 permission to enter. They were texting while she was inside of that apartment. She found the cats to be safe. She discovered there was one piece of pie missing. She went outside to the patio area and found some wet Kerosene. Neighbor 1 got home and decided not to make a police report or take photos because she thought she was at fault for not locking her doors. That is not right thinking. That's like saying if a woman wears a short skirt, she is inviting a criminal to rape her. The cops could have taken fingerprints of the door handle from the back patio (that's how he/she entered). I bet she will start locking her doors now!

So, it got me to thinking of buying some kind of spy camera to view our parking lot, but it would great to have a second one to view our back patios (those of us who live downstairs). Neighbor 3 bought a cheap one a few months ago and she returned it. She texted me today and said "The ReoLink camera I had was hard to connect to WiFi so look for one that has compatible capabilities. " I don't know the first thing about compatible capabilities.

We can't drill holes in our walls. We can't put up any panels outside that will be attached to our building structure. It would be nice if it was person detected, not just motoin detecting cats and branches moving. Some of our neighbors may be pitching in for this cause. I am doing all the work reseraching. So can you please tell me the pros and cons of which ones will take good shots through a window pane, and also in the dark. We recently had our outide "porch lights" replaced. They are super bright!. Neighbor 3 said, "You may be able to use indoor security camera through the window with the night vision disabled. It's so bright out there now you could probably see any activity anyway. "

Any ideas? Do you I need to have it connected to my Wi-Fi network? How far of a distance will it focus on? Will I get notifications on my phone (android), etc.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online