Need Tech Help WinDVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wiseguyz408

Hello,

I am running WinDVD 5 Platinum. I am on Windows 98SE.

I had an earlier problem with My WinDVD that was originally installed on my PC where it would not detect any DVD in my drive So i upgraded to WinDVD 5 Platinum but I still have the same problem. This time i get an exact error message that reads:

'no valid drive/disk found'

This happends when i attempt to play the DVD. It cant be a problem with my DVD drive because DVD's will play in Interactual Player, they just will not work in WinDVD for some reason.

I will appreciate any help that is given to me on resolving this matter.

Thanks,
Ron

You might try uninstalling InterActual Player if you still have it. It is an annoying and despotic piece of software.

wiseguyz408

I'm not sure if that is what it is. There are alot of things that say disabled in my Info for WinDVD i dont know what they are can you take a look and try to make an understanding:

Version:
5.3 B05.022
Navigation:
Info not available
Video:
Info not available
Audio:
Info not available
CPU:
Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Processor
Family:6 Model:8 Stepping:3
Standard Feature: 0x0383f9ff
Hyper-Threading: Not supported, Not enabled
Instruction support:
Intel MMX: Enabled
Intel SSE: Enabled
Intel SSE2: Not enabled
AMD 3DNow!: Not enabled
AMD Enh 3DNow!: Not enabled
AMD 3DNow! Pro: Not enabled

There is nothing there that should prevent your DVD's from playing. The MMX and 3DNow! are multimedia extensions on your CPU. You have MMX enabled because you have an Intel MMX CPU.

Have you tried uninstalling InterActual and reinstalling WinDVD?

wiseguyz408

il uninstall interactual now and post back.

I alrdy tryed un/re installing windvd several times no sucess

wiseguyz408

I Uninstalled Inter Actual and WIn DVD and then reinstalled WinDVD and still i get the same error =(

Any ideas now?

Out of ideas. To tell you the truth, I just trashed WinDVD and play all my DVD's on Windows Media Player. It just seemed easier.

wiseguyz408

i just realised something when my DVD is struggling to play this program comes up in the task list

msgsrv.32[not responding]

know what it is?

It is the program that shows you error messages. Something is not right.

Is everything in your Device Manager OK?

wiseguyz408

Yes nothing wrong in device manager. I have to go for the night I will be back tomorrow after work. If you can find any more info on it i would appreciate it. Thanks alot for help goodnight.

Ron

i bought a dvd+r burner that came with win dvd. it did give me some trouble so i bought power dvd and love it

wiseguyz408

Power DVD doesnt work either, the only DVD player that works is Inter Actual But i just unistalled it to try to fix these problems.

Elvandil my drive is not listed in that list.

The DVD dive I use is

SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-612 (12x/40x DVD-ROM)

You might try contacting tech support at that site, but they do state pretty clearly that they only support the listed drives.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online