Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need tech support for this site

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  RandyG 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am a registered user but have to always re-enter my user name and password, as anything I try to do such as post a thread, check the forums, check replies, says I am not a registered user. Any advice?
thanks
Nick Gill
NAEEM2

#4 ·
Hi
I do delete temp files regularly but there is also a "delete cookies" button which I never delete. When I received the e-mail for the above replies, I clicked on the link and it took me straight to the replies, but when I clicked "reply" to post this message, I had to log-in again. ????

#5 ·
Nick
Receiving E-mail from TSG, clicking on link to go to response without signing in is normal. When you select the reply button and TSG asks you to sign in means either you signed out before you left TSG or two other possibilities with TSG options:
1) Your options for you user name are set to No for "Automatically login when you return to the site?"
or
2) Your option is set to No for "Browse board with cookies?"

Now if you did not sign out and your setting for the options above are "Yes" not "No" then the problem is within your Browser. Which Browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Netscape ect.

Dave

#6 ·
Also, it's possible that your Cookie has crumbled (pardon the pun)

do a search for techguy on your system, and delete the cookie(s) you find. Try connecting to TSG afterwards and login so a new cookie can be placed on your system.
This is, of course, assuming that the other posts did not resolve the issue!:D

#8 ·
Davey,
forgot to tell you that after I view replies to my thread and sign out, it says "all cookies cleared"..also, when I try to send a REPLY to my own thread it ask me to sign in again...how can I view my replies if I am not already signed in?....seems like the system does not recognize me as signed in from links I clic on.

Nick

#10 ·
You do not need to sign in to view the site, you just need to sign in to post anything.

You say that you log out . . . why?? There is no need to. Just leave the site. If you logout, that clears your cookies, so don't do it!!

http://forums.techguy.org/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=1#clearcookies for more explanation.
You may clear all your cookies by clicking here. If you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.
The link in the above quote is the Logout link.

#11 ·
Hi,
I received your reply to my thread by e-mail. I clicked on the link and it took me to the thread......so I assume it is recognizing me as a member.....at the top it says log out...indicating I'm logged in. If I try to reply to your reply or post a new thread, it goes to a page saying "it looks like you are not registered" and in the box says "unregistered". I must delete this and enter my user name and password. I am registered and would like to roam around, post new threads, reply to replies to my thread without signing in each time. I tried not logging out, just leave....then went back to my e-mail again and clicked on the link....it went to my thread but any efforts to do anything else such as a reply or new post went to the "you are unregistered page".

#12 ·
Hi,
I thought when I clicked on a link in an e-mail and that link let me in to the site, it was recognizing my e-mail address and using that to recognize me as a registered user. If I am not signed in, how can I view my thread? clicking the link in e-mail seems to log me in.

#14 ·
it always say Log Out at the top, whether you are logged in or not. I mentioned that in another thread, thinking that it only said Log Out because I was already logged in, but that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.