1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need the BEST program removal application in the world!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 2odd, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 2odd

2odd Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I've finally had enough. I am sick and tired of using windows control panel to uninstall programs. Why? Because 1/2 the time I use the add/remove programs thing it doesnt uninstall the program completly. It will leave folders, files, registry entries, hidden crap, and who knows what else still on my computer from the program I wanted to uninstall. Then I have to go back and try to delete them manually, then pray that a registry cleaner will find the rest (which usually doesnt happen).

I'm looking for something that will completely remove EVERYTHING when I uninstall a program. I dont care if it costs money or if its free, as long as it works.

Thank you if you can help.

EDIT: on a side note. Also looking for an easy to use free macro program. Somthing that I can use to press a key stoke, have a few minute delay, and repeat the key stroke. Then loop that untill I press stop.

2. Sponsor

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

The problem is really with the crappy software you are uninstalling because what the Windows installers and uninstallers do, is use the software uninstall for the program itself. If you double check from "Start", "Programs", most programs have an uninstaller as part of the menu but it's really the same thing.
    There are some programs available but I believe they are more dangerous than living with the "danglers" left from uninstalls and can do more damage to your system.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's been a long journey, but I have finally found an uninstaller that works for me. There are many of them, like Advanced Uninstaller, that monitor installations so that the process can be reversed when uninstalling, removing everything. The trouble is that most people already have a lot of unmonitored installations. Your Uninstaller! is the best I've found for removing everything that a program installs, after the fact. It removes COM associations, tracks dll's, and removes leftover files and folders (sometimes after a reboot). It scans the registry and removes all entries there.

It has 3 levels of removal: standard, moderate, and aggressive. I don't use the aggressive for fear that something may get removed that shouldn't. The moderate setting has never, to my knowledge, removed anything that did not belong to the program.

It has one drawback. Unlike Cleanse Uninstaller, it does not search the drive for shortcuts. That takes a long time (uninstalling would take quite a while if shorcuts had been moved) and OrphansRemover will find all of them, anyway.

Cleanse Uninstaller works the same way, and almost as well, but once it deleted my entire Current User registry branch, so I won't be using that one again.

Good, simple ones:

MyUninstaller
    Revo Uninstaller

Final Uninstaller is to be avoided, too. It is one of those that purports to remove "leftovers" from uninstalled programs. But it makes too many mistakes and removes things that are similar or shouldn't be removed at all.

5. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

I've been using Revo Uninstaller 1.75 for the past few months when working on and cleaning out XP computers, and I've been happy with it so far. (y)

------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

It is a very good one, and my second choice after the "Your Uninstaller!" program, which is not free. It is also being updated on a regular basis (as is Your Uninstaller!) which is really necessary for any good uninstaller to keep up with new programs and not remove anything important.

8. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

I´m using Revo Uninstaller too. It worked fine by now.

9. highlandbill

highlandbill

Hi, Revo Uninstaller works good and is free!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788759