Need to back up my toolbars, favorites, ect..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Autoeng

Just got a new computer here at work and need to back up my toolbars, favorites, ect... I am using Windows NT 4.0 and Office 2000. Where do I find...

Word toolbar
Excel toolbar
Outlook toolbar
Access toolbar
PowerPoint toolbar
IE 5.0 Favorites

I need to move today (01/27/03) so prompt responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
Autoeng

Autoeng

Thanks Dreamboat,

Still haven't relenquished the old PC to MIS so I'll get the Word and Outlook files off. Found the Excel file and IE Favorites by accident so I'm good there.

That only leaves 2 (Powerpoint and Access) so I guess I can manually recreate.

Thanks for your time and help.

Autoeng

Anne Troy

Anne
Start-->Run and type:

regedit

and hit enter.

hkey_current-User\software\microsoft\office\foldername

Where: foldername = application name.

If you back up each application's folder, then get to your new PC...

Back up these folders ALSO on the new PC. To do that, right-click the folder and hit Rename. Call them something like WordOld or OldExcel.

Then, import the ones you exported from your old PC. You NEED normal.dot and *.xlb, but other settings are stored in the registry.

You can try doing this, and if it doesn't work, delete the folders you imported, and then rename the other ones back the way they were.

I BELIEVE this will get you Access and PowerPoint toolbars, but can't be sure. I've never heard this request (meaning AC & PPT toolbars) in over six years...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online