1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to back up my toolbars, favorites, ect..

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Autoeng, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Autoeng

Autoeng Thread Starter

Just got a new computer here at work and need to back up my toolbars, favorites, ect... I am using Windows NT 4.0 and Office 2000. Where do I find...

Word toolbar
    Excel toolbar
    Outlook toolbar
    Access toolbar
    PowerPoint toolbar
    IE 5.0 Favorites

I need to move today (01/27/03) so prompt responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Autoeng

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. Autoeng

Autoeng Thread Starter

Thanks Dreamboat,

Still haven't relenquished the old PC to MIS so I'll get the Word and Outlook files off. Found the Excel file and IE Favorites by accident so I'm good there.

That only leaves 2 (Powerpoint and Access) so I guess I can manually recreate.

Thanks for your time and help.

Autoeng

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Start-->Run and type:

regedit

and hit enter.

hkey_current-User\software\microsoft\office\foldername

Where: foldername = application name.

If you back up each application's folder, then get to your new PC...

Back up these folders ALSO on the new PC. To do that, right-click the folder and hit Rename. Call them something like WordOld or OldExcel.

Then, import the ones you exported from your old PC. You NEED normal.dot and *.xlb, but other settings are stored in the registry.

You can try doing this, and if it doesn't work, delete the folders you imported, and then rename the other ones back the way they were.

I BELIEVE this will get you Access and PowerPoint toolbars, but can't be sure. I've never heard this request (meaning AC & PPT toolbars) in over six years...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice