need to boost router signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drninfh

I have Verizon FIOS and am using an Actiontec router they provided. However, the signal does not reach all parts of my apartment. I bought a Hastings HSB2 Signal Booster and attached it to the router but it did little or nothing to improve the signal. Is there a different kind of equipment that would solve this problem? (I contacted Verizon tech support but they are no help at all.)

How large an apartment? It seems any router should reach all parts, unless huge.

You could use a repeater, or larger antennas.

drninfh

The apartment is 1500 square ft. I thought the Hastings HSB2 was a repeater but it didn't work.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
The Hawking HSB2 is an amplifier. I assume you have tried it with the mode switch set to 500 mW. The 2 dBi antenna that comes with it isn't very good, maybe try a 7 dBi or 15 dBi antenna with it.

I have one, and tried walking down the street away from my house with a laptop. It worked for about 300 feet.

drninfh

Thanks, Frank4d. I have tried it with the mode switch set to 500mW. Still didn't work well. Can you suggest where I can get a 7 or 15 dBi antenna?

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online