1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to change owner info.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zekeandme, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zekeandme

zekeandme Thread Starter

I have old dell 2.6 gig clk. 128 meg ram 80 gig HD and windows XP home edition. I was given this computer this last summer. I want to change the owner stuff in it so I can go to my old e-mail provider and use my old e-mail name and account. I am an beginner on this dig around in the innards stuff. Any help will be appreciated.

2. zabusant

zabusant

What "owner stuff" exactly?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

4. zekeandme

zekeandme Thread Starter

Owner stuff is the file in documents & settings that has the previous owner name on it and can not be erased. I think the info in the file tells outlook express to go to his mail provider instead of mine. I can't seem to get it to check my mail account. It, the mail account keeps saying that my password is invalid and tries to put the previous owners password in place of mine. Does this make any sense to you? if not I will try to define it further.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You are confusing two completely different issues.

The ISP has nothing to do with the owner info. You need to set up outlook express to check YOUR email with your appropriate pop3 and smtp settings.

Your ISP should be able to assist you with that, or if you tell us who your ISP is, we may be able to 'google' the info, but, of course, you can do that yourself.

6. zekeandme

zekeandme Thread Starter

O.K. thanks, I will look into that and see what happens.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!