1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to change PC setup from high speed back to dial up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kunfuzed, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kunfuzed

kunfuzed Thread Starter

Got an older PC from someone that used to have a high speed internet setup and trying to connect using MSN dial up. but getting "Modem not found" errors occuring during setup for internet dial up service. The modem is in COM 4 slot and phone line is connnected to it, but PC is not recognizing. Is the PC maybe looking to the Ethernet port since the previous owner had a high speed connection with a possible external modem? How do I change the setup to recognize the modem in COM 4? The OS is Windows ME.
    Have no contact with previous owner anymore, so can't ask them for help.

2. ratchet

ratchet

Hi kunfuzed,

Welcome to TSG.

I hate to start with questions but.....
    What is your OS, which ISP are you trying to connect to and what modem are you using ?

3. kunfuzed

kunfuzed Thread Starter

Windows ME and the modem (found in the SYSTEM properties) is an Intel HaM Data Fax Voice Modem.

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

You may need to set up a new dial up connection using this modem.

Go to My Computer > Dial up Networking. Double click on make new connection. Select your modem when prompted to. Provide the details asked for. Use this new connection to get on to the net.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice