1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to Configure BIOS after Installing SATA DvD Drives!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anonymousx, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anonymousx

anonymousx Thread Starter

Hi, Before I install my New SATA DVD Drives, I currently have 2 IDE DVD Drives in use, Do I need to make any configurations in my BIOS since I'm changing from IDE/PATA to SATA. If there is please be specific.

Should I configure BIOS before or after I install them?

2 ASUS Quiet Track SATA DVD Drives on an ASUS M2N Deluxe 570SLI Mobo

Thanks

2. bigbear

bigbear

No, just plug them in and your good to go.
    Bios should automatically recognise the drives

3. anonymousx

(y) thanks

When I download the Firmware, Do I need to Download/Install it twice since I have two of the same DVD Drive, or just once?

4. bigbear

bigbear

Why are you downloading firmware?
    You only need to do this if the firmware update address's a problem you have

5. anonymousx

Got it installed, working good upon first boot up, first time I've installed something with no problems risk free, thanks guys for the help from my various threads regarding Pre Installation through Visualization. Saved me driving to another city that has the PC Shop without having to bring my 80 pound steel tower case, gas money, and installation costs.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/675485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice