1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to connect Dell Laptop to LG TV via HDMI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carotz, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carotz

carotz Thread Starter

So I connected my Dell laptop to my LG LCD TV for the first time via an HDMI to HDMI cable, and it worked great. The next time I attempted to do this, my TV displayed "no signal" on every hdmi input. I've tried updating drivers and using the tool that is partnered with my graphics card to appoint the TV as the primary monitor, but I've gotten nothing.

Both the laptop and TV recognize that the HDMI cable has been inserted, but it won't show me a picture or give off any sound. Help!

Craig
    Dell Inspiron 1525
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238433 MB, Free - 64013 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U990C, , .GZLYNF1.CN7016685K00L8.
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

Have you tried Pressing Fn+F8? It may take more than one Press of the Key Combo to get the external Display the way you want it.

3. carotz

carotz Thread Starter

Yup. Multiple times.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980490