1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to Find and Reinstall An Important Update

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by VaEsther, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VaEsther

VaEsther Thread Starter

Good morning,

Several weeks ago I received an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. Unfortunately when WinPatrol asked permission to accept these new updates, I mistakenly clicked no.:eek:

I have looked for ways to undo my mistake: I checked my list of installed updates and found 2 Hotfixes for .Net Framework 3.5, KB953595 and KB958484. Also the Firefox addons window shows a new addition: .Net Framework Assistant 1.0. I have searched for the appropriate updates on the Microsoft Update website, but only became lost and confused.:mad:

I believe these .Net Framework updates are important for my computer and should be reinstalled correctly. However, I do not know which updates to uninstall nor the correct .Net update to reinstall.:confused:

Will someone please advise?

Thank you,

Vaesther

2. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
  3. VaEsther

VaEsther Thread Starter

Good morning Mr. Newton,

Thank you for your response.

I ran the Uniblue scan you suggested and as result it found and wants to fix 359 invalid registry errors! I know very little about computers, however, will fixing these registry errors assist with my initial dilemma of not knowing whether the .Net.... update was installed correctly.

Thank you,

Vaesther

4. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!