1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to find Motherboard Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1trueshadow, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1trueshadow

1trueshadow Thread Starter

I am fixing a freinds computer. A Voltage regulator went out and busted two caps. Not wanting to go though the trouble of sodering in replacements (which, btw I suck at) I went out and bought a used motherboard as is. After installing it I realized that the onboard Video, audio and network adapter needed specail drivers that Windows 2000 doesnt have on hand. I do not know who makes the board, I only know that it is a SiS chipset with Socket 7 and has the folowing numbers:
    EA=00D0097D3244
    HSD2012006853

I have googled SiS and the two numbers without sucsess. I am Hopeing someone out there knows of a site to look up hardware. Thanx in advance

2. McTimson

McTimson

:eek: A socket 7? Isn't that from the Pentium I days...? And you're trying to run Win2k on it?

Does anything come up in the BIOS relating to the motherboard at all?

3. compilerxp

compilerxp

Easy....

www.aida32.hu - click downloads, get Peronal or Enterprise version, install or run from a CD-ROM.

It will tell you what your mobo is.

4. mobo

mobo

I think Mctimson is right and if you want to run w2k you should go shopping again as that board isn't going to give you much..

5. 1trueshadow

lol, I have ran 2k on an AMD k6 model 8 450Mhz before with no prob guys. Agreed, this is NOT going to be a high end gaming box. The guy only wants to use it for typing up reports and a little net surfing here and there. A 600Mhz Duron is plenty for him. As for that program Compilerxp, I am going to try it shortly. Thanx for the info

6. 1trueshadow

:eek: OMG!! This program is a god-send Compilerxp!! Thanx!! (y)

I was able to find out that the Motherboard is a M810LR made by PcChips. It even gave me a site to go to!!

Oh, just alittle side note. It may be a older board. But tell me why I should look for another one when this one cold boots Win2K in a minute flat? :rolleyes: Just wonderin....

7. compilerxp

compilerxp

Install all the software, firewall, AV, add-ons, etc...

Ugh... PCChips (nightmares)... at least youre up a going, but yeah, AIDA rocks.... tell ya everything.. you can remove software using it as well..

8. 1trueshadow

ok, I screwed up on that one. The board is ACTUALLY a socket 462. Don't ask me how I missed that. All I am going to say is its been a long 48 hours.:(

9. Rusty1952

Rusty1952

Twas wondering bout that....how u were goin to run a 600 Duron
    on a Socket 7 ??? ......guess i am cranky too. Bedtime

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice