1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to find new video card

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Buffy, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffy

Buffy Thread Starter

I need help finding a new video card, the cheapest one possible that will run this game that I just bought. My computer is an HP Pavilion 531w, with an integrated video card that will not run The Sims 2. I know there are no AGP slots, it stated that on the HP website, but it said there are 3 PCI slots, which I'm hoping I will be able to use. I don't know much about video cards and such, so I'm desperately looking for help to upgrade my video card for the lowest price I can get.

These are the supported video cards for The Sims 2, so I need one of these:

ATI RadeonTM series (7000 or better)
    Radeon 7000/VE series
    7200, 7500
    8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
    9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
    X300, X600, X800

Nvidia® QuadroTM series
    Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better)
    GeForce2
    GeForce3, 3 Ti
    GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440
    GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
    GeForce 6600, 6800

Any help on finding one would be so much appreciated!

.....edited to say: I'm sorry, I probably posted this in the wrong section...

2. Buffy

Buffy Thread Starter

Okay, I think I might have found one that might work at CompUSA. It's a Radeon 7500 Video Card, PCI, 64MB DDR, and I hope it will work on my computer.

....edited...ack, it's not available in any of the 2 CompUSA's in my general area... :mad:

3. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Hi,

I saw your list and do not see anything wrong with it. I prefer the ATI cards, however, would not recommend you put an ATI LE card in unless you plan on doing nothing like games or graphics. The LE moniker is simply a stripped down decent card that does not have the needed features to make you happy with it. Buy it and you will probably resell it on Ebay. Just my personal opinion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice