1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to get around a mouse lock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcml100, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcml100

mcml100 Thread Starter

I just bought a pc from a man desperate for money and there's a mouse lock on it. I just want to get to DOS to reformat the pc, but can't get past the mouse lock which needs a password. Is there a way to do this?

2. deuce

deuce

So you can't get into DOS? (press F8 after the memory count) Do you have asccess to a different computer with an internet connection? You could go to the manufacture's website and download their imaging software and save it on a disk and use that. That will reformat. You can also try using the windows boot disk to get into DOS so you can use fdisk. Have you tried talking to the guy?

3. PatInAz

PatInAz

What the heck is a mouse lock ???
    Been using PCs for 20 years and never heard of that one. Do you mean a BIOS password ?

4. deuce

deuce

Yeah that could be it... I had no idea what it was so I thought it was something I just haven't ever seen before. In that case you can't get past it without the correct password. You will either need to get it from the guy... or get a hold of the manufacture's image software to reformat.

5. crabman

crabman Guest

CLEAR THE CMOS REMOVE THE CMOS BATTERY FOR A WHILE OR THERE SHOULD BE A JUMPER WITH 3 PINS MOVE THE JUMPER TO THE OTHER SIDE FOR A MINUTE OR SO

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice