1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to incorporate Paypal to my site

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by rev1976, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rev1976

rev1976 Thread Starter

Hi there,

I just made an online course registration page. The customer can logon and register for a course. Once they click submit a confirmation email will be sent to the customer with all the information that he/she filled out and in parallel a email will be sent to myself to inform me that someone has signed up. Now this is what i want to do but not sure how to start it. I want the customer to pay b4 any of the confirmation emails are sent out. I have set up a paypal account with my business. Is there any way to have it set up that when the customer clicks submit it will not send the email right away but instead open the paypal site and once they have paid and clicked Ok on the paypal site the emails will be sent out. I'm not even sure if that's possible but if it can be done i would appreciate any help. If it's not possible is there another way i can do this?

Thanks in advance.

rev

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    PayPal has all the info you need on this. You'll likely have to use their format, tho. You can collect a good deal of information via their forms....

If you *do the default* when creating your "buy it now" button, Paypal automatically sends the email to the paypal email account you designate.

Have you looked in Paypal?

I've just set this up several different ways, but not EXACTLY as you describe, tho it's all explained there how to do it, so let me know if there's anything you don't understand.

Note: So that you don't misunderstand IPN, you don't NEED IPN unless you have server software that can run a script. So don't let the IPN confuse you. You likely don't need it.

3. Jynx

Jynx

check out the PayPal Developer Network - they have all the SDK's, forums, and tutorials that you should need to implement PayPal in either classic scripting or .NET environment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice